Drawing Boot Camp Week 4 - Still Life, Florals, Interiors and Landscapes -
Building on the skills introduced in the first 3 weeks of the cast drawing the student will continue drawing from the direct observation of still life and floral compositions.
Drawing from life and selected master copies of classical greats such as William Trost Richards, Ivan Shishkin and other Hudson River School masters.
Drawing Boot Camp at The LaRock Art School:
The Drawing Boot Camp is a series of five (5) workshops to introduce and practice the key concepts and processes of drawing realistically. These are the same concepts taught during the first year of study at the LaRock Art School but in the form of condensed three (3) day workshops. Artists will be challenged to think in three dimensions, make more accurate decisions, and to create drawings that are true to life.
Ideal for Artists who want to take their art to the next level by applying their knowledge of form to Still Life, Florals, Interiors and Landscapes. The Drawing Boot Camp begins the last week of May and continues for the month of June. Perfect for all ages of art students interested in obtaining concentrated drawing instruction during the summer break.
This is a unique opportunity to experience a wide range of drawing techniques from beginning materials and concepts in week one and concluding with long pose portrait drawing in week five.
Week 1: Beginning Materials, Methods, Features, Faces and Figures
Week 2: Beginning Form
Week 3: Intermediate Form (cast drawing) and the Practice of Perspective
Week 4: Still Life, Landscape and Interior Drawing
Week 5: Long Pose Portrait Drawing
Space is limited: These workshops will be given at the LaRock Art School (701 Sawdust, Spring 77380) in the working studio of Tom LaRock. Therefore each workshop will have an enrollment limit of 5 students.
- Each workshop builds on the information and experience of the previous workshops.
- Single workshop registration is available based upon individual needs, interests or summer schedule.
- The entire series of workshops will include demonstrations and lectures on each step of the drawing process as well as frequent one on one guidance and critiques.
- Students will work at their own pace on their own drawings.
- Due to the short time frame, emphasis will be put on learning and understanding concepts, rather than creating completely finished works of art.
Register for each workshop individually on the Workshops page of the Woodlands Art League website (www.woodlandsartleague.org).
If you have any questions email, text or call Tom.
Text or call: (281)292-4811